You’re feeling tired and worn down by the world - work, children, health, weather. You want to feel like your best self, and unreservedly love who you are when you look in the mirror.
You’ve never known how to apply makeup and feel like a total rookie when you pick up an eyeshadow brush.
You like makeup but are completely overwhelmed by all of the options out there.
You have been expending all of your energy on other people and realise that you need to spend some time on yourself.
Well you’re in the right place beauty, welcome!
I’m Hannah Wiles and I thrive on helping women decode the unnecessary jargon that has built up around makeup and beauty products. I want to help you love the skin you’re in and show you how to effortlessly present your best self to the world.
I have been employed as a professional makeup artist for over 10 years, during which time I’ve worked on over 20,000 women’s faces. I know from experience which products will work for different skin types and tones.
Whilst chatting with my clients over the years I’ve come to realise that the sheer amount of makeup advice out in the interwebs is overwhelming if you’re not a part of the beauty world. What and who are you supposed to believe?
Buying make up online is such an unknown and beauty counters in department stores can be so intimidating. It’s an endless toss-up between guessing whether the formulation and colour will work with your skin without trying it first, versus forking out for products just to get away from a beauty counter with your self esteem intact.
You’re definitely not alone.
A British survey recently showed that in the average woman’s lifetime she’ll purchase 5,846 products which she never finishes.
With my expertise and experience you’ll be confident that your beauty purchases will work for you, saving you both time and money in the process.
For me, there are NO rights or wrongs with make up, only what’s right for you - your skin type, skin tone and lifestyle. So I’m all about dishing out simple makeup advice that is achievable for all women. Breaking through the beauty bull.
Let’s have some fun chatting about makeup and what makes you feel great. I’ll be here, guiding you through your next makeup purchase so it won’t be one of the 5,846 which ends up in your trash.
6 fun facts about me:
1. I have never in my life had a spray tan, which is strange considering I lived in the glossy city of Sydney for 5 years.
2. I believe that well hydrated skin, even skin tone, and a good eyebrow shape are more important to the way you look than make up can ever be.
3. I have an overpowering love for my (very) grumpy old cat and have been known to post photos of her paws on Instagram because I find them so adorable.
4. I’m super busy making up brides every weekend in summer, but you’ll find me up the mountain skiing during the winter weekends.
5. I love a good bright lipstick and used to wear them ALL the time when I worked on counter. I get a boost of happy joy and confidence when I pop one on nowadays which makes me believe in the ‘lipstick theory’. Which brings me to:
6. I support Look Good Feel Better with my time (when I can) and donate 10% of my business profits to them. Find out more about this wonderful charity here.
Please get in touch if you have any pressing beauty questions you would like me to answer on the blog.
If you’d like me to come to you, whip out my makeup brushes and leave you feeling your most beautiful, or if you would like to check your brows in for rehab I can also be found over at MadeUp.
I look forward to connecting with you.
All photos by Jo Moore Photography